To give a flavour of what we're up to, we'll be tweeting and instagramming notes and points of interest as we go. Then each week we'll collect them together and post them here on the blog.
These are our fieldnotes from the past seven days.
Things of Note
- Adrian McEwen: So, given #Liverpool is a port city, do any of my followers know any freight forwarders I can talk to? #importing #China #India #indiemfg
- Adrian McEwen: I've sorted suppliers, now need to work out how to turn "FOB Shanghai" (at dock in China) into "I've got 100s of WiFi modules" :-) #indiemfg
- Adrian McEwen: #indiemfg rule of thumb (admittedly from a freight forwarder): if you're shipping >50kg, a freight forwarder is a better option than courier
- MCQN Ltd: Applying for EORI validation from HMRC ready for importing parts for our Internet-connected bell product mcqn.com/ibal169/ #indiemfg
- Adrian McEwen: So if y'day was the day of payments to China (for electronics parts), today is the day of payments to India (for bells) #indiemfg #weeknotes